Primary PE and Sports Premium
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
How to use the Primary PE and Sports Premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Access the 2020-21 Sports Funding Report:
SF expenditure 20-21- is constantly under review. The pandemic (COVID19) has had significant impact on the delivery of competitive sport, current guidelines restrict competitive sport and our programme is therefore temporarily suspended.
There is also a requirement to report on the % of children by the end of Y6 who are able to:
|Meeting national curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety (17/18):|
|The percentage of the current Year 6 cohort that can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters.||68%|
|The percentage of the current Year 6 cohort that can use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke].||52%|
|The percentage of the current Year 6 cohort that can perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.||40%|
|Schools can choose to use the Primary PE and Sport Premium to provide additional provision for swimming but this must be for activity over and above the national curriculum requirements. Have you used it in this way?||No|